The last CD Vincent's Chair released was back in 2006 and we've made two trips overseas to Romania and also the UK in that time, played the Adelaide Cabaret Festival, and performed in the East End International Jazz Festival, as well as a couple of gigs in Sydney, so it's time for a new one, I reckon.
As I am the main contributor of songs to the group -no wait, I am the only contributor of songs! - I am faced with the task of writing some new material. Great. I love working on songs. It's my thing. Only trouble is, I don't have anything to say at the moment. I remember working on the songs for "Stretch" and feeling very inspired and motivated. This time...
So I've gone back to some incomplete tunes I started around the time of writing for "Stretch" and I'm trying to finish them off. In the process I've discovered there are a few that would suit a school choir, and even a groove/funk band. Mmm...maybe I'll put together a group to play these tunes in the meantime.
So this is where I'm up to at the moment with the writing process. I look forward to seeing how they unfold.
Welcome to the official website of singer-songwriter, Kathie Renner and her group, Vincent's Chair. "Enigmatic story-telling and exquisite performances", Vincent's Chair Trio create lush, intimate moments of orchestrated and improvised songs.
![]() Kathie Renner |
![]() Vincent's Chair |





No comments:
Post a Comment