Welcome to the official website of singer-songwriter, Kathie Renner and her group, Vincent's Chair. "Enigmatic story-telling and exquisite performances", Vincent's Chair Trio create lush, intimate moments of orchestrated and improvised songs.


Kathie Renner

Vincent's Chair

Thursday, October 29, 2009

EUROPAfest, October, & YouTube

Hiya Folks!
I write to you at the end of a busy October. Firstly, all on one day I travelled to Goolwa to sing live on national ABC radio - "Australia All Over" - and then later that day I did a solo gig at Komodo Cafe in Adelaide city. As it was the start of daylight saving, I had to get up at 3am! (the real time) to get down to Goolwa in time to do my bit, and then head back to the city, and I finished at 7pm that night. It was a really long day.

A week later Vincent's Chair were on our way to the Riverland to play at the Riverland Food & Wine Festival. It was a great day, and I have to say it was really good to get out into the country. And to see the mighty Murray is quite something. As it was a bit out Hugh's way to get to Berri, we secured the services of guitarist, George Grifsas. George was great, but he instructed me to not to use his real name for fear he might be inundated with locals wanting to chat to him - he's from Renmark originally. Not that he doesn't like the locals, it's just that he was there to work, and it can get a bit tricky extracting oneself from a conversation so as to go to work. So I introduced him as George "Gently" from the stage. Then of course Karen and I had to have pseudonyms too, so Karen became Karen Berri, and I became Kathie Renmark. It was a lot of fun.

Then on Sunday 25th October was the memorial concert for Ryan Freeman. I told you about him in a previous blog - check it out if you like. It was a terrific concert, a lot of money was raised, and it was a very long day. It's five days now since the concert and I think I'm still recovering!

The latest news is that we have been invited to perform at EUROPAfest 2010 in Bucharest, Romania. It's very nice to be asked again. We shall have to see if it's at all possible to get there...
I finish this blog by letting you know of a great achievement, on my part, this week. In the letter from the event organisers of EUROPAfest, there was a YouTube link to a previous performance of ours at the festival in one of the most beautiful concert halls I've ever seen. The Atheneum was built by the equivalent of $1 per person of the Romanian population, and is circular in shape and features a pictorial history of significant events in Romanian history around the circumference of the building. And the performance was broadcast live on Romanian TV. My achievement is that I have loaded it onto our MySpace site! If you know me, you'll know this is quite an achievement! So please go to our myspace site: www.myspace.com/vincentschairtrio and have a look!
Until next time...take care and care for each other

1 comment:

  1. yay!
    hi kathie :)
    welcome to blogland.
    hope all is going well.
    love
    l
    x

    ReplyDelete