Welcome to the official website of singer-songwriter, Kathie Renner and her group, Vincent's Chair. "Enigmatic story-telling and exquisite performances", Vincent's Chair Trio create lush, intimate moments of orchestrated and improvised songs.


Kathie Renner

Vincent's Chair

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Mama Kath and the Rennergades' First Gig!


In Adelaide we're coming to the end of a short heat wave. Today we get to 42 degrees celcius and then the temperature will drop...back to a comfortable 26 degrees. It's amazing to me that we survive these hot spells at all!
But that's not what I want to write about. I've been writing about a new group of mine called Mama Kath and the Rennergades and how much I'm enjoying writing and playing in it. Well this coming Saturday we are doing our first gig. I'm really looking forward to it. I've even been practicing a lot! for it. Mostly the tunes which require a bit keyboard soloing from me. I can't wait to air these new tunes and to show off the guys to you. I hope it all goes really well.
So if you're in the area, come down to Vine Street, Prospect, 7:30pm, and check us out. It's a free outdoor gig and there's a Cibos just next door so I'd say all bases are covered! And apart from the music you should check out my costume. It's a beautiful "kathtan"!

No comments:

Post a Comment