The other day I had a very enlightening conversation with my friend and colleague, Grayson Rotumah. Grayson and I were discussing the great artists of our time like Charlie Parker and Billie Holiday, and I mentioned their financial status - or lack of. Grayson quickly claimed to admire these artists not, for their financial success, but for their wealth of talent and the huge legacy of their work. Indeed we talk about their contribution to the arts and music to this day.
A light bulb went off in my head. Somehow, suddenly, for the first time I realised I associate success of the art of being creative or musical with financial security and abundance. Wrong!
I feel differently since that conversation. Things are falling into place. My whole way of thinking has shifted. I knew it had to because I knew I wasn't happy with my outlook to date.
Now maybe I've been delusional and naive for too long; I'm just glad I've seen the light! Thank you, Grayson!
Welcome to the official website of singer-songwriter, Kathie Renner and her group, Vincent's Chair. "Enigmatic story-telling and exquisite performances", Vincent's Chair Trio create lush, intimate moments of orchestrated and improvised songs.
![]() Kathie Renner |
![]() Vincent's Chair |





No comments:
Post a Comment