Welcome to the official website of singer-songwriter, Kathie Renner and her group, Vincent's Chair. "Enigmatic story-telling and exquisite performances", Vincent's Chair Trio create lush, intimate moments of orchestrated and improvised songs.


Kathie Renner

Vincent's Chair

Saturday, July 11, 2009

New Gigs

I was talking to my friend and drummer, Damien Eldridge, the other day, and he mentioned a music night which is gaining a lot of attention because of it's focus on the music. People are flocking from everywhere to the Macrocarpa Sessions in Walker St, Mt Barker, on a Friday night because they like the atmosphere of the night which is about the music. In other words - you can sit and listen! Sounds like my kind of gig.
So I'm playing there this Friday. (17th July) The night features three acts, and starts at 7.30pm and is a measly $5 to enter. So consider this an invitation!
It's been a bit quiet lately on the gigging front for me and Vincent's Chair, but I'm happy to report that on Sunday 2nd August the trio will be doing the support for Sydney band, King Curly, at the Wheatsheaf Hotel, Thebarton, from 4pm. This, too, is a great pub, known for its focus on good music in a good atmosphere.
The following Sunday (9th Aug) I'll be doing another solo gig (with special guests) at the Komodo Cafe in Prospect. The music kicks off at 4pm.
So come along and say 'hi' and we'll be eternally grateful to you for supporting local, live, original music!

No comments:

Post a Comment