Welcome to the official website of singer-songwriter, Kathie Renner and her group, Vincent's Chair. "Enigmatic story-telling and exquisite performances", Vincent's Chair Trio create lush, intimate moments of orchestrated and improvised songs.


Kathie Renner

Vincent's Chair

Saturday, August 15, 2009

News Update

Hiya! Long-time-no-write! The last time I wrote, I mentioned a solo gig I was about to do in Mt Barker. I'm happy to report it went well.

Since then I travelled to Sydney to meet with publishers, Vincent's Chair did a great gig at the Wheatsheaf Hotel with Sydney band, King Curly, and I've done another solo gig; this time at the Komodo Cafe in Prospect. So it's been a busy playing time.

Next month Vincent's Chair will be playing in Melbourne at Manchester Lane with Sydney singer-songwriter, Melanie Horsnell. And later in the year we'll be playing at the Riverland Food and Wine Festival in Berri.

In the meantime I've been rehearsing with Grayson Rotumah and Derek McClure in a funk/groove band which is tentatively called, Mama Kath & the Rennergades. I find I have loads of musical ideas which don't quite fit with Vincent's Chair, so I asked those guys if they'd be interested in playing some of these grooves and, happily, they said, "yes"! And it sounds great! We've had a couple of rehearsals now and things are starting to gel and hopefully, soon, we'll be playing a gig! Stay tuned for that one.

Well, that's all for now, folks. Watch this space for further news. Until then, remember to keep breathing!

No comments:

Post a Comment