Welcome to the official website of singer-songwriter, Kathie Renner and her group, Vincent's Chair. "Enigmatic story-telling and exquisite performances", Vincent's Chair Trio create lush, intimate moments of orchestrated and improvised songs.


Kathie Renner

Vincent's Chair

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Post Mama Kath and the Rennergades Gig



Well, it's almost a week now, since our Mama Kath and the Rennergades gig. And what a night it was! It was so much more than I could have hoped for.
It was a cool evening, unseasonably for this time of year, but at least it wasn't hot like the previous Saturday would have been. But I accepted no excuses for the audience being cool; the forecast foretold of the evening temperature, and the music was conducive to dancing. That would have kept them warm. Apparently if was darker inhibitions would have been lesser and consequently more dancing would have been on display. This didn't stop me however... Besides, Cibos made a roaring trade that night selling coffees and hot chocolates. 
The sound, provided by Andy Voigt, was great, the turnout was excellent (about 70 to 80 people), the music was groovy, but my outfit was the hit of the night! I looked magnificent in my "kath-tan" and turban. Yes, it was a terrific night.
I've included some photos of the evening for those of you who missed out.
Thank you Grayson and Derek for a great night. Here's to more and better!

No comments:

Post a Comment