Welcome to the official website of singer-songwriter, Kathie Renner and her group, Vincent's Chair. "Enigmatic story-telling and exquisite performances", Vincent's Chair Trio create lush, intimate moments of orchestrated and improvised songs.


Kathie Renner

Vincent's Chair

Sunday, April 11, 2010



Oh wow. It's been quite a while since I last wrote. And there have been a few little happenings since then.
Mama Kath & the Rennergades have just done their second gig; this time at the Boho Bar in Unley. It's a terrific spot; looks like a Parisian nightclub complete with Bohemian decor and a sense of decadence...in the nicest sense, of course. And we just fit in beautifully, now that Grayson and Derek have decided to join me in their outfits! We're paying there in a fortnight's time on Sunday 25th April.
Last week, Karen De Nardi and I workshopped some new Vincent's Chair songs with drummer/percussionist and good friend, Thom Mann. He's a terrific guy, with loads of ideas and an excellent energy and enthusiasm. We recorded the workshop and I'm quite excited with the direction these songs will take. We've decided to record a new CD and this time, to include percussion and double bass as well. Stay tuned for more on this...
In the meantime I've included some photos of Mama Kath & the Rennergades' gig at the Boho Bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment